Response & Updates
21.11.2020 COVID-19 Update
Aligned to recent clarification on the latest Emergency Services Directive released today (21.11.2020), the Outdoor Pool will be open starting tomorrow (Sunday) for exercise (lap swimming) at standard opening times (1-6pm on Sunday). Recreational swimming is not permitted at this time.
The full Centre will open on Monday (23.11.2020) aligned to standard operating hours, with the following details and restrictions noted below:
- Memberships will automatically resume as of Monday.
- Swim lessons will not resume on Monday (students will remain on suspension). School/DECD swimming are also not yet allowed.
- The pool will be open standard hours, but only available for exercise (lane swimming and aqua fitness) and hydrotherapy. Bookings are strongly encouraged on the YMCA SA App for lap swimming and aqua.
- Gym is open (no requirement to 'book a session', just drop-in). 24/7 (if available at the Centre) will resume as of 12:01AM Monday morning.
- Group fitness is open (strongly encouraged to book on YMCA SA App).
- KidsClub (if available at the Centre) will be open.
- Stadium sports and squash (if available at the Centre), including user groups and casual drop-in, are not available.
- Water fountains are closed. Strict adherence to 1 person per 4 sq.m and 1.5m social distancing (group fitness class occupancies reduced).
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Membership & Swim Lesson Suspension Information
All members and swim lesson enrolments have been put on automatic suspension - no action is required. This means you will not be charged for the period of closure. Any fees paid (payments for time/lessons in advance) will be applied once the centre is open. Visit pass holders and upfront memberships will have 2 weeks added to their memberships. Suspensions will not cost and will not go against your annual suspension allocation. Our members and swim lesson families will have no financial disadvantage associated with the closure.
Our Response to COVID-19
Our response to COVID-19 is constantly changing to adapt to updates in restrictions and industry best practice.
- COVID Marshals will be on duty during staffed hours to ensure all aspects of our centres COVID Safe Plans are adhered to.
- As required, classes and programs may be slightly modified to be COVID safe. Examples include reduced occupancies, changes to delivery to reduce contact and ensure social distancing, reduced equipment sharing and increased cleaning of equipment.
- We are meticulously cleaning and sanitising the centre more than ever before. You will see us throughout the day sanitising high contact locations (doors, handles, equipment, etc). In addition, every evening professional cleaners sanitise our facilities and have been briefed on COVID-19 specific cleaning requirements.
- You will see plenty of signage and communications reinforcing density/occupancy, social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures. In addition to informing you of these requirements, the signage is also present to remind you of the important role you play.
- Come ready to work out, exercise and be active - government recommendation is to keep visits within 1.5 hours.
- Hygiene stations will be placed at entrances and throughout our centres. Please use hand sanitizer frequently, upon entering, exiting, and throughout your time in the centre.
- Proactively monitored by staff, we ask our customers to abide by occupancy/density restrictions. Signage will be placed accordingly reinforcing social distancing requirements (1.5m distances) and noting specific occupancy limits in spaces.
- Customers showing cold/flu-like indications (cough, fever and/or respiratory symptoms) are not permitted in the facility until these symptoms have cleared for a number of days.
- We strongly encourage payment by EFTPOS (debit card/credit card/mobile payment).
- Whenever possible members will be directed online for new memberships, program enrollments, group fitness bookings, outstanding balance payments, etc.
- Water fountains are only available for filling water bottles.
- We encourage all staff and customers to download the COVIDSafe app. All staff have completed COVID-19 infection control training.
- Member and visit pass holder attendance is tracked via card scanning and will be used for contact tracing purposes if required.