Fitness Consultation Booking Form
Your membership includes free one-on-one consultations with a certified Fitness Trainer to set you up for success and on your way to achieving your fitness goals. Each consultation is tailored to you – so whether you’re just starting out in the gym or know your way around the weights, we’re confident we can help.
- Please come dressed and ready for physical activity.
- Take note of the designated appointment length.
- All consultations are closely integrated with the YMCA SA App (MyWellness). To get the best experience we suggest downloading the app and brining your smartphone to the appointment.
- Before attending a consult with a trainer, please be sure you have completed a Pre-Excercise Assessment (PARQ). This should have been completed when you signed up for your membership (or your first visit if joined online), but if not just see Customer Service to quickly complete it (results saved in your MyWellness profile).
Appointment Type Summaries
Take stock where you’re at and define where you want to be.
Know your stats - Utilising a medical grade body composition scanner, baseline measurements are uploaded into the App.
Nutrition is Key - Nutrition plays a crucial role in achieving your wellness goals. We recommend MyFitnessPal to track food intake, and Eat This Much for suggested meal plans.
Workout Walk - Through While you warm-up we’ll create a workout program tailored to what you’re looking to achieve and matched to the data from the body scan. After a warm-up, together with the trainer we will do a run-through of the workout discussing technique, form, and correct weight. The custom program is available for you to follow in the YMCA SA App.
Forming the habit of working out can be the hardest part! The Initial Consult Follow Up is your chance to check-in with a qualified trainer and discuss your first few weeks in the gym. The trainer will update your workout program and answer any questions you may have. Pending your success to date, you may opt to complete a second Body Scan to review results, however, for most customers, we recommend waiting at least 2-3 months for the second scan. While we find many new members benefit from the Initial Consult Follow Up, this is an optional appointment (general 'check-ins' are available at any point in your fitness journey).
Check-ins give members direct access to qualified trainers throughout their training journey. Members receive up to 6 check-in’s per calendar year at no cost. The below list are common themes for check-ins:
- Update your workout program (and upload your workout into the App)
- Provide assistance with your workout/exercises/equipment, demonstrating correct form, correct weight/sets/reps
- Assistance with the YMCA SA App and MyWellness, including tracking your exercise, using the App to book group fitness, and reviewing historical body composition data
- Update your workout goal and adapt your workout program accordingly
Body composition scanners are a game-changer in the fitness industry. The medical-grade scanner completes a full body composition analysis in 20 seconds, providing a complete picture of physical make-up. The scanner reports a detailed analysis of fat, bone and muscle mass broken down by segment (i.e. trunk, arms, legs), all of which is uploaded into the YMCA SA App. Future scans are also uploaded into the App enabling easy comparison and tracking towards your goals.
We encourage all members to utilise body scans as part of our Fitness Consultation program. However, you are welcome to only opt for a Body Scan if preferred.
*Body Scans are automatically uploaded in to the YMCA SA App. As such, for the best experience it is strongly recommended you bring your smartphone with the YMCA SA App downloaded and ready.
The Youth Orientation is required for Active Youth members aged 13Y - 15Y who wish to access the gym (health club) facilities and group fitness. The orientation is designed to ensure a safe and supportive training environment, including:
- Establishing rules and behaviour expectation within the Centre, specifically pertaining to the gym and adherence to an approved exercise program
- Outlining expectations of a parent/guardian
- Permissions and acceptance of risks of both the parent/guardian and youth
- A basic health assessment to identify potential risk factors and the development of a tailored prescribed program
The orientation takes 30-60 minutes, and parent/guardian attendance is mandatory.