About Swimming Lessons
At the Y, we are committed to providing ongoing learning opportunities for YMCA Swimming Lessons students while we can’t dive in at our facilities.
We’re using this dry spell to continue to educate thousands of young people about water safety and safe behaviour in and around water.
- $15.60/lesson paid via fortnightly direct debit payments (additional children receive a 5% discount)
- Students have unlimited pool access outside of lesson times to practice their newly learnt skills (including Splish Splash, an Aqua class for guardians and children 6months to preschool age)
- Lessons available for all abilities and ages, 6 months to adults (infant and disability instructors hold specialised qualifications)
- Convenient fortnightly direct debit payments encourages continual skill progression with no re-enrolment process
- No start-up fees, no lock-in contracts, no cancellation penalties (14 day notice required)
- Convenient Make-Up Lesson Policy
To Book Swimming Lesson
To book please either call us at 8842 3999 or drop-in to the centre. Online enrolments coming soon!
Programs For All Ages
Babies & Toddlers (6 months - 3 years)
Using songs, games and activities to teach a variety of skills including entry, floating, breathing and movement. With the parent/carer and child in the water together, the focus is on water familiarisation, exploration and safety skills.
Preschool Program (3 years to school age)
Focus on water confidence and basic foundation skills in swimming, survival and water safety. It guides children through fun activities, gradually building upon their breathing, floating and movement skills, while encouraging independence.
School Aged (5+ years)
Teaches a range of skills and knowledge to develop swimming, water safety, survival and basic rescue skills that can save lives. Focusing on stroke development, it promotes a healthy respect for the aquatic environment and is a solid foundation for a range of aquatic recreation, fitness and sporting activities.
Adult Swimming Lessons
We offer comprehensive swimming lessons for adults of various skill levels. From beginners and intermediate adult classes to advanced stroke correction, our experienced teachers cater to a students individual needs.
Pre Squad Swimming Classes
Offering an alternative challenge for participants between lessons and competitive squad swimming. Pre Squad & Squad classes have been developed to improve fitness and endurance skills whilst providing an introduction to stroke refinement. These classes increase participant knowledge and understanding of how and why we swim and the most effective ways to perform strokes.