About Swimming Lessons
YMCA Swimming Lessons help your child build healthy habits and safe water practices. As an Austswim Recognised Swim Centre, you can rest assured that your child will receive the best aquatic education available with nationally accredited swimming instructors. Throughout the summer season, some levels are taught in the outdoor pool.
- Fortnightly direct debit payments
- Infant - toddlers: $16.50/week
- Pre-school - school age: $17.30/week
- Students have unlimited pool access outside of lesson times to practice their newly learnt skills (including Splish Splash, an Aqua class for guardians and children 6months to preschool age)
- Lessons available for all abilities and ages, 6 months to adults (infant and disability instructors hold specialised qualifications)
- Convenient fortnightly direct debit payments encourages continual skill progression with no re-enrolment process
- No start-up fees, no lock-in contracts, no cancellation penalties (14 day notice required)
- Convenient Make-Up Lesson Policy
Programs For All Ages
Aqua Babies is the perfect introduction to water so your child is comfortable and confident in the water when they are old enough to join our standard swimming lesson program at six months of age.
Babies & Toddlers (6 months - 3 years)
Using songs, games and activities to teach a variety of skills including entry, floating, breathing and movement. With the parent/carer and child in the water together, the focus is on water familiarisation, exploration and safety skills.
Preschool Program (3 years to school age)
Focus on water confidence and basic foundation skills in swimming, survival and water safety. It guides children through fun activities, gradually building upon their breathing, floating and movement skills, while encouraging independence.
School Aged (5+ years)
Teaches a range of skills and knowledge to develop swimming, water safety, survival and basic rescue skills that can save lives. Focusing on stroke development, it promotes a healthy respect for the aquatic environment and is a solid foundation for a range of aquatic recreation, fitness and sporting activities.
Adult Swimming Lessons
We offer comprehensive swimming lessons for adults of various skill levels. From beginners and intermediate adult classes to advanced stroke correction, our experienced teachers cater to a students individual needs.